Our offer is addressed to entrepreneurs involved in transporting and forwarding goods in Poland and abroad, as well as exporting goods and bringing them to Poland. Our lawyers have an excellent understanding of the transport and forwarding industry and are able to provide clients with specialised legal solutions in accordance with the applicable law. They also undertake cases with cross-border elements and represent clients before administrative authorities and courts.
Lawyer transport – law firm offer
- ongoing advice to the entrepreneur – from helping to choose the optimum form of business through to support in the day-to-day running of the business, including information on changes in the law that are relevant to running a business;
- assistance in obtaining the necessary licences and permits;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating transport, freight forwarding, logistics, warehouse space rental, leasing and vehicle supply contracts;
- giving an opinion on agreements and commercial contracts in the field of cable and freight forwarding;
- advice on business insurance;
- representation of clients in litigation, negotiations and mediation;
- representation of hauliers before the Road Transport Inspection and the National Revenue Administration;
- representation in pre-litigation proceedings and in court disputes in the area of compensation for improper performance of civil law contracts concluded by carriers and transport damages;
- assistance in the settlement of claims with the insurer;
- advice on company labour law.
We provide services in the field of customs law:
- determining the origin of goods;
- calculation of customs value;
- registration and update of EORI and PDR numbers;
- managing cooperation with the customs agency;
- applying for Binding Tariff Information (BTI) and Binding Origin Information (BOI);
- determining the relevant customs codes;
- we conduct cases before the Authority, the Customs Chamber;
- appeals against decisions of the customs authorities.
We advise in the area of transport law:
- establishing the carrier’s liability for the damage;
- claiming compensation for damage incurred in the carriage of goods;
- carriage of dangerous goods;
- contractual penalties in transport;
- transport insurance;
- proceedings before the authorities of the Main Road Transport Inspectorate and administrative court proceedings;
- correct completion of the consignment note.
Tax aspects of importing and exporting
The import and export of goods give rise to tax obligations, failure to comply with which results in serious financial consequences. The complexity of transactions and the high volatility of legal regulations mean that correct accounting can cause great difficulties. We provide professional support to entities that import goods from abroad and bring goods from abroad into the Polish market.
- We explain the tax aspects of import and export to clients (in writing and orally);
- We will identify the implications of the chosen counterparty model;
- We determine the tax base;
- We will help you plan your operations for the entry of goods into the customs territory of the European Union and the export of goods outside the EU;
- We assist in the recording and documentation of business operations related to import and export of goods, WNT and WDT transactions;
- We carry out all necessary settlements.